Our Client, a highly reputable manufacturing organisation based in North Wales, is currently looking for a Financial Controller to join their expanding team. The main purpose of this role is to support Senior management team in controlling relevant financial information to proactively highlight cost improvements and opportunities, leading to the implementation of the improvements across the business.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
* Proactively identify and execute process review projects to ensure harmonisation between functional departments and the achievement of company targets with the aim of reducing costs. This task will include process mapping, review of IT input and output requirements, comparison of actual performance to company targets and project management.
* Continuous cost reduction "Challenge" review and update status of all projects, define further targets and savings, set up regular communication to ensure feedback of results.
* Development of monthly budget reporting showing analysis of actual costs and variances to budget. Establish with appropriate persons cause of favourable and unfavourable variances and propose action to reduce costs
* Preparation of supporting data for completion of annual budget pack, including but not exclusively, production performance, raw material costs and sales and establish post calculation of production orders.
* Review and improve Company procedures ensuring adherence to group guidelines.
* Development of business KPI dashboard (Balance scorecard)
* Analyse and identify opportunities to assist senior management team, account managers and plant management to reduce stocks of raw materials, work in progress, finished goods and general items
* Ensure correct raw material issue procedures and month-end cut off are enforced
* Develop and manage stock taking requirements
* Assist with monthly reporting and any other adhoc financial tasks as necessary
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years' previous experience within a similar role and have a high level of IT skills, specifically Microsoft Office. It would be useful if the successful applicant had experience using an ERP system - Microsoft Dynamics is desirable.