6 earlies of 6am to 2pm then 3 days off followed by 6 days of lates, 2pm to 10pm then 3 days off.
Have you got engineering experience?
Are you able to work under pressure?
Yes? This could be the job for you!
Our client is looking for a Shift Engineer in Leighton Buzzard
You would be providing an engineering maintenance and breakdown service for the manufacturing equipment.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Continuous improvement of all related production equipment to drive OEE up and above specified targets and to reduce scrap to below specified targets.
- To ensure PPM is completed on time and all T-card systems are updated. Notification to be given to the Production Shift Manager when scheduled time lines are not met with reasons why.
- A high level of housekeeping is required at all times, sufficient time should be allocated at the end of your shift to clean your working area and put all tools away in a professional manner.
- All spares used need to be logged on the T-card system and updated/re-ordered in suitable time.
- Investigation of reoccurring faults and follow up action is essential, the engineer has the responsibility to send equipment back to manufactures for analysis and repair.
- To log all major breakdowns per shift on the maintenance fault log.
- Implementation of engineering work instructions and training documentation as and when required.
- Ensure a high level of health and safety is adhered to at all times leading by example.
- To communicate with department Shift Managers or deputies and prioritise workloads in times of multiple breakdowns.
Skills and Abilities:
- 4 year recognised engineering apprenticeship
- NVQ level 1, 2 & 3 in a related engineering principle
- ONC in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar
- Technical awareness of manufacturing, including detailed understanding of moulding, tooling, robotics, assembly and PLC programming.
- Proven analytical and decision making
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Operate effectively under pressure
- Able to analyse faults and correct using a logical
- Positive 'can do' attitude
- Helpful and considerate
- Ability to work as part of a team
- HNC in
- Degree in an engineering principle
- Experience of high volume injection moulding environment.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and industry
- Experience of high volume assembly
If you feel you have what it takes, please apply today because we'd love to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to get back to you within 48 hours. However, your application will be reviewed by a consultant as quickly as possible and if you are shortlisted we will aim to call you within two working days.
If you do not receive a call please do not be despondent. Typically only one candidate can be successful per role! Please apply for any future roles in the same way. Good luck!