Foundation/KS1 Teacher - Full-time
Pay: MPS/UPS + fringe allowance
Start Date: Sep 2018
Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking teacher, to work initially in EYFS or KS1.
Maypole School started expanding in September 2010, with an additional class added each year. In September 2016, the school completed its expansion from 1FE to 2FE.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- is a self-motivated practitioner with high expectations of achievement and behaviour;
- is a driven, inspirational class teacher;
- is committed to working hard and ambitious for themselves and others;
- is enthusiastic and an excellent team member;
- can demonstrate creativity, imagination and determination;
- has an ability to work closely with parents to establish good relationships;
- has experience of teaching in EYFS/KS1 or an NQT with EYFS/KS1 training.
In return, we offer:
- Delightful children;
- Extremely committed staff and Governing Body;
- Excellent professional development;
- Excellent accommodation and resources – both EYFS and Y1 classrooms are well-resourced with folding acoustic wall partition, allowing the classrooms to become one. Both EYFS classrooms open into a spacious, well-equipped, zoned outside area including a climbing wall, large digging area/mud kitchen, roadway markings and construction area.
Applications are welcome from NQTs and experienced teachers.
Leadership opportunities are available in the school.
The governing body has established three pay bands (Teacher, Accomplished Teacher, Expert Teacher) to include the minimum and maximum points as determined by the School's Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document (attached).
We request applications using the KCC application forms with the names of 2 referees who will be contacted before interviews take place.
Candidates shortlisted will be observed teaching.
Additional activities, an interview with pupils and a formal interview.
Maypole School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Visits are encouraged.
For further information, please contact Linda Wilmann, Headteacher.
Closing Date: 16/04/2018 at 12:00
Interviews: Date to be arranged with shortlisted applicants
Information about the school
Maypole Primary School is a caring school where children are happy and enjoy learning. We have been serving the local community since 1912 and we were pleased to move into a new purpose built school with its own grounds in 2002. Adjacent to the school we are fortunate to have both the Acorns Early Years Centre and the Maypole SureStart Children’s Centre.
Maypole Primary School started expanding in September 2010, the expansion from 1FE to 2FE was completed in September 2016.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.