Our client is seeking a Scientific Director (SD) to join their editorial team and be based in their offices in London. This is a full time role providing support and guidance to an editorial team working across the full range of marketing materials on a large international account.
This is an opportunity to be the editorial lead on a high profile international account ensuring that content is developed to rigorous company standards whilst achieving and surpassing their client’s expectations. Of key importance is your ability to effectively delegate to your team and to guide them in developing their skills, through mentoring and reviewing their work.
As well as working for a company that recognises both personal and team performance you will also receive a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including bonus, 25 days’ annual holiday, private dental insurance, season ticket loan, healthcare and pension.
If you are looking for a company that can offer an intellectually stimulating environment and whose approach keep them at the cutting edge of medical communications, this is for you!
- To provide scientific expertise and guidance to writing teams, the business unit and project management teams
- To educate writing and account teams on scientific aspects of assigned accounts, demonstrating strong understanding of the relevant therapy area and market environment
- To develop team training materials and being responsible for team (both writers and project managers) understanding of the therapy area
- Holding regular training meetings and providing updates on key developments, publications, etc.
- Building strong relationships with client medical and marketing contacts through credibility demonstrated by medico-marketing and medical communication knowledge and consultancy skills
- Applying therapy area expertise and commercial awareness to support effective proposal development and to meet business objectives of the team
- Reviewing output of writing team to add value and assure scientific accuracy, strategic alignment and to ensure quality outputs that help to build the scientific foundation for client brands
- Work with the New Business Team and senior colleagues to expand current business by suggesting new projects and services
- Work on the development and writing of proposals and, when required, attend and present at pitches
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A life science degree, preferably PhD
- Extensive previous writing experience gained within a medical communications or equivalent environment
- Experience of creating and developing the full range of pharmaceutical marketing materials
- Clear communication to team, across departments and to senior management
- Ability to manage, delegate and mentor
- Ability to provide team with clear scientific and strategic direction
- Initiative, common sense and a high level of independence
- Proactive relationship management
- Effective at establishing and maintaining professional and productive client and external relationships
- Effective delegation to team and other available resources
There is flexibility on the seniority of this role so you may already be a Scientific Director looking for a new challenge or a principal or senior medical writer seeking new responsibilities.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on *************
This job was originally posted as www.emedcareers.com/job/960480983