Charity Shop & Family Centre Co-ordinator
HAFS (Halton Autistic Family Support Group) Limited
Part Time Charity Shop & Family Centre Co-ordinator 20 hours per week, £9 per hour. - Job Description and Conditions of Employment
To manage Charity Shop & Volunteers, assist in The HAFS Family Centre and help at various fundraising events and meetings, enhance the work, activities, strategies and objectives of the group for the benefit of individuals and families in Halton affected by Autism.
Managed by and Responsible to:- The General Manager Of HAFS
· To organise The Charity Shop Volunteers, Compile weekly Shop Rotas, assist in The Charity Shop and sort donations, and to ensure the safety of all volunteers and customers.
· To open and close the Charity shop and ensure all takings are correct.
· To collect and deliver donations from various locations across the borough.
· To help customers with general enquiries into HAFS and signpost where appropriate.
· To help out at HAFS fundraisers and events where necessary and attend Group Meetings.
· To maintain accurate records.
· To help at the HAFS Family Centre where needed and to arrange for activities.
· Help to keep the HAFS Family Centre clean and tidy.
· To acquire knowledge of Autism and interact in a supportive manner with the families of HAFS.
· To deputise for the General Manager in his absence.
· Provide assistance in any other areas as required by the General Manager.
Essential Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Qualities Required:-
· Full, clean driving licence
· Caring, empathic nature,
· Flexibility to cover 20 hours per week of which will be alternate Saturdays, evenings and some Sundays for group meetings and events.
· Can do attitude
· Physically fit
· Be able to work on your own and as part of a team.
· Time management skills
· Microsoft Office and general IT skills
· Maintain Stock levels in The Charity Shop and Family Centre.
· Approachable and friendly attitude.
· Good organisational skills.
· Willingness to learn new challenges
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Qualities Required:-
· Social Media advertising - The ability to maintain a busy selling page on Facebook.
· First Aid trained - Have basic first aid knowledge or partake in training.
· Presentation Skills - The ability to design and develop marketing and presentation materials. Design posters for fun days, open days etc
· Not fazed by challenging behaviours.
· Willing to learn new challenges.
· Basic DIY skills, assembly of donated items, toys, change light bulbs, replace batteries etc.