Software Architecture Engineer- 33526
Title: Software Engineer (Software Architecture)
Salary Range: £29.50 - £31.25
Division: Vehicle Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
A development team within a leading Warwickshire-based OEM is delivering industry leading, customer exciting Telematics, Infotainment and Vehicle Management services. These services operate in conjunction with Vehicle, Smart phone and Tablet Applications, and are built on a number of Cloud platforms. Connected Car are looking for a hands-on Project Manager, or Delivery Manager, to take strong control over an existing portfolio of projects and work-streams, to deliver the next phase of Connected Car features and services.
- Define interface structure and content to support features and services
- Design and specify the integration of new services into the Connected Car platform.
- Design and specify new services on new architectures, including Cloud
- Maintain relationships with key Services suppliers and vendors to ensure consistency of implementation
- Analyse incident data to find trends in order to identify risks, problem areas and service improvement opportunities
- Develop and implement a continuous service improvement model for internal support processes and procedures that drive business excellence
- Create, manage and publish version controlled interface specifications.
- Monitor and analyse trends in traffic and resource use and present recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings and/or asset optimisation
- Specify and where appropriate build analysis and test tools in support of interface definition.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
Software ArchitectureSoftware IntegrationCross Functional working.
Experience in Software Architecture and component integration
Knowledge of interface protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP, MQTT, REST)
Understanding and experience of IT service providers
Strong IT skills, able to analyse data for reporting purposes and follow work instruction
Ability to create and maintain accurate specifications
Experience of Agile methodologies
Knowledge of defect tracking systems
Keen interest in the following subject matter: Telematics, V2X, 5G, IoT, Cloud architectures, Software Platforms, Big Data Analytics, Software development processes and tools, Agile/DevOps, GNSS systems
Experience of Cloud technology
Message transfer protocols, HTTP, MQTT, TCP, IP, SMS
Degree qualified or equivalent experience
Travel within the UK will be required, including the occasional business trips.
If you are interested in this role apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960478114