We are recruiting a Repair Engineer within our Services Engineering function to be based at our office in Warwick.
Reporting to the Repair Engineering Manager we are looking for a Repair Engineer to develop repair technologies and solutions and establish repair capability in the Overhaul network, adding value for Siemens and reducing the cost of ownership for the customer.
Over the past few years, our aero-derivative turbine business has successfully grown to be a £1 billion per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is our vision to be the customers' first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions.
What are my responsibilities?
- Leading repair development and source & method validation activities.
- Analyse technical data working closely with the overhaul network to identify, develop and apply optimum repair solutions.
- Approving repair schemes and technical variances submitted by Repair Vendors and Overhaul bases.
- Represent the company and actively participate in a team on or off site to achieve deliverables.
- You may be required to provide technical support outside normal working hours and will need to work flexibly in order to meet customer requirements. You will be required to travel to Overhaul bases and Repair Vendors to build working relationships with these organisations and manage the quality of their performance (including audits).
- Work within Siemens processes augmented by National and International specifications
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a Mechanical, Materials or Manufacturing discipline preferable.
- Knowledge of gas turbines and industrial equipment, project management and repair / manufacturing techniques preferable.
- Experience of operating throughout the lifecycle including in-service is advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, and you will be able to interact at all levels, demonstrate initiative and be a flexible self-starter. You will be able to work with the minimum direction and have the ability to work with a wide range of people (both internal and external to Siemens) and be a team player.
- Experience in a customer facing environment with a proven record of delivering technical solutions and improvements
- Able to contribute in a team environment and work to processes and procedures
Siemens has been at the forefront of engineering innovation for over 160 years. Its Gas Turbine businesses are world renowned for the research, development, manufacture and lifetime support of industrial gas turbines to the global oil and gas and power generation industries. Our expertise is constantly evolving and our business keeps growing. As part of this, we rely on the innovation and creative thinking from our employees.
This role forms part of the Power Services division and is the world's leading supplier of products, services and solutions for power generation. Its extensive portfolio comprises of highly efficient technologies for thermal power plants, renewables, power transmission and for the extraction, processing and transport of oil and gas.
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years.
We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UKs major challenges, across key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure and cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960477902