Senior Engineer - Powertrain Test and Development
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Powertrain Test and Development
Job Location: Warwick, West Midlands, UK
Job Salary: £34,000-£38,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
The Powertrain Development team requires a proven Test / Development Engineers to undertake Development and Sign off tests and support Powertrain Module owners with rig and vehicle testing.
Key Position Objectives:
- Support Vehicle development tests to assist Module Owners in designing Powertrain systems.
- Carry out Prove out testing on pre production vehicles.
- Technical Development reporting into departmental and main stream programme reviews and gateways.
- Assist in planning to facilitate test Trips and Testing activities.
- Support and take directions from the Test and Development Team leader
Key responsibilities & tasks
- Conduct vehicle development testing
- Conduct Vehicle sign off tests
- Arrange sub contract agencies to conduct testing on our behalf
- Support suppliers with test resource
- Manage workshop and prototype resource appropriately
- Contribute to FMEA brainstorming and the translation into engineering targets
- Analyse test results and make appropriate recommendations to vehicle gateway audience.
- Understand and implement budget planning and programme timing delivery milestones
- Manage procurement of hardware to facilitate programme objectives
- Management of test data; identify objective results and orchestrate feedback loop
- Provide direct technical feedback into Powertrain Engineering and whole vehicle gateway events.
- Drive robust troubleshooting of testing problems both on location and remotely
- Specify and lead specific vehicle testing,
- General vehicle testing support as required by mainstream development activities
- Write technical reports in support of Powertrain Development and FESO
- Influence our client's Product Development best practice standards and procedures
Qualifications & experience
- Educated to engineering Degree/HND/HNC level
- Extensive proven vehicle testing experience.
- Experience in Powertrain Applications, Instrumentation, Testing and Development would be desirable
- Good communication skills and ability to deal with a wide range of people
- The ability to adapt and learn new analytical and complex development tools
- A good team player, communicator and innovator; who can work alone and make directive decisions when required.
- The need to be thorough and pay attention to detail with the tests and test data and the maintenance of the documents for which they are responsible is imperative.
How to Apply
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Senior Engineer - Powertrain Test and Development, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960478196