Assistant Investment Manager
This role will suite an ambitious recent graduate or an Investment desk assistant looking to further their career in the front office. As part of a new team, we are currently seeking to hire an Investment Analyst.
This position will be based in London, and will work with the Investment Manager and the CIO. The primary focus of this position will be to provide support for the Investment management activities.
Primary responsibilities will include:
· Assisting the Investment Manager and Operations to ensure the timely and accurate execution of investment strategies across client portfolios;
· Daily monitoring and periodic Rebalancing portfolios in response to events such as cash flows, benchmark changes, market price movements and changes in client guidelines;
· Preparing Investment Committee dossier
· Monitoring portfolio positions and platform positions, and verifying that transactions are consistent with client guidelines;
· Interacting with many areas of the firm to improve processes and minimize operational risks;
· Taking ownership of the process documentation
· Monitoring performance, risk exposures and key market sensitivities of positions in portfolios
The successful candidate for this position is likely to:
· Have a strong academic background. An undergraduate degree is required. A post-graduate degree or relevant professional qualification (e.g. IMC or Level 1 CFA), or progress towards one, would be viewed favourably;
· Have 1-2 years of relevant professional experience, gained in an Investment Management environment. Previous asset management industry experience is preferred, although candidates from other backgrounds will also be considered;
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of, research, valuations and operational aspects of investment management;
· Have analytical skills, a quantitative orientation, and be detail oriented;
· Be able to work well under pressure, take direction from multiple sources and prioritize tasks;
· Have strong interpersonal skills, in order to interact effectively with investment and other business professionals around the firm;
· Be able to think creatively, and initiate projects that lead to improved implementation of strategies and trades.
· User of Morningstar and Bloomberg preferred. Strong Excel skills and working knowledge of ETFs and unitised funds