Assistant Accountant - Maternity Contract
Are you a number cruncher looking for an exciting new challenge.........
We are recruiting for a Assistant Accountant to join our team here in Bracknell covering maternity leave. Play a key role in supporting a high performing team in the delivery of robust and timely financial results each month. Additional responsibilities include maintaining and building a strong control environment, with timely production of balance sheets and operation of relevant SOX controls. Ideally you will have experience of using Microsoft AX and advanced excel skills coupled with an inquisitive and analytical mind to continuously improve our processes.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation who are experts in the hair and beauty industry with ambitious growth plans and passionate and professional teams throughout the business. We value each other and collectively work to one goal - getting it right first time for our customers and employees. That's why we'll be upfront with you about what you can expect if you join our family. To give you a flavour - You'll be given real responsibility from day one, you'll be challenged and supported in developing your career with us from the start and you will be motivated to go the extra mile in all you do.
So what will you be doing:
- Month end management accounts, with supporting analysis and balance sheet rec pack
- Quarterly reporting requirements for US / SEC
- Clean audit and SOX compliance
- Identify and deliver process improvements
- Projects as appropriate - to include system or accounting projects, and including ERP roll out.
What we want to see in a candidate:
- Finance or Management Accounting qualification
- Not afraid to challenge existing processes in a positive and engaging manner
- Keeps abreast of external trends, technology, industry knowledge
- Adopts an agile and innovate thinking style that helps generate new/ fresh ideas and action throughout the business
- High level of intellectual curiosity, self-motivated to solve difficult issues, continually seeking ways to improve
- Retail and distribution experience
- Knowledge of AX/Hyperion
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX
Sally Salon Services are part of Sally Beauty Holdings Inc who are nationally and globally recognised for supplying hair and beauty professionals with an extensive range of over 6,000 hair and beauty products, as well as a full range of salon equipment.
A growing and dynamic company with approximately 260 stores across the UK and Ireland, we offer a fun place to work, within a fast-paced environment.
Please provide your CV (in word format) and current remuneration with your application. Sally Salon Services appreciates you taking the time to apply and closely reviews each submission but sadly cannot always respond to all applicants. Therefore, should you not hear from us within 4 weeks, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.No agencies should respond to this advert.