Residential Childcare Worker
Dove Resourcing are working with a leading residential childcare provider, to help them source permanent members of staff to join their EBD children's home in Bedfordshire.
The company I'm working alongside like to provide homes that create a family atmosphere. They achieve this by ensuring that staff and young people interact in daily routines that replicate family life. These range from being involved in living activities such as, cooking, dishes, washing, gardening and maintaining the home, to going on day trips, holidays and outings.
Young people are the heart of everything they do. They encourage participation and involve the young people to set realistic goals taking into consideration their history, level of ability and understanding and their aspirations
You would be expected to;
- Encourage independence and success on an educational level
- Be a positive role model to children and young people
- Ensure a caring environment is maintained
- Have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness and homeliness are maintained.
- Ability to work as a team and use your own initiative
- Support and encourage young people's independence by assisting with their independent living skills
- Escort and supervise young people during social outings and trips from the placement
- Offer support to other members of staff and lead shifts as and when required.
- Keep updated daily records and ensure sound understanding of each individuals care plan.
- Have an understanding of child development and the impact of abuse
- Be a positive role model for the children, young people and your colleagues
- Our client is seeking experienced residential care staff so it is an essential requirement that you have prior experience working in a children's home
It is essential that you hold an NVQ / QCF Level 3 working with children and young people or equivalent. It is also essential that you have 2 years' residential experience.
The staff team works on a monthly rolling rota of 2 shifts on 3 days off per week.
Applications are subject to satisfactory DBS and reference checks
Due to the nature of the work it is essential that all applicants have a full UK driving license with access to their own vehicle.
The salary for this role is between £18,000- £24,000 per annum, dependent on experience and qualifications.
To apply for the role of Residential Childcare Worker, please click APPLY now and send CV.