Application Support Manager
Application Support Manager
Location: Coventry (CV6 5NX)
Competitive Salary & Benefits
About the role
As the Applications Support Manager based in Coventry you will report into the IT Director and will be responsible for the Application Support Services for your designated business systems. You will take responsibility of the Application Support Team to ensure they meet objectives set, service standards and SLAs.
The Applicant will need to demonstrate effective and efficient management in similar previous roles whilst also demonstrating an understanding of 3rd Party External and Internal Management and have the knowledge and experience within this area of IT delivery. You will ideally be from a technical background with current high level of understanding across application and infrastructure technologies. As part of the day to day management of the Application Support team you will be.
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What you will do:
- Manage the applications support teams ensuring that all processes are documented and understood, and all applications are supported by appropriately skilled staff
- Ensure Application Support Service meet agreed delivery and service levels.
- Ensure full engagement with the service transition and service delivery functions to provide quality assurance checks against new or changed applications/services.
- Develop and implement service improvement plans and ensure improvement actions are completed within agreed time frames.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of service provided, liaising with suppliers and customers where appropriate, providing feedback and recommending corrective action as necessary.
- Manage risks and issues, ensuring they are regularly reviewed and have suitable countermeasures, mitigations and future preventative actions in place
Your experience will include:
- Experience in leading/managing application support functions.
- Experience in working with suppliers and managed service providers.
- Background in Service Transition and Service Operations.
- Experience of risk and issue management.
- Understanding of a broad range of technologies and architectures.
- Knowledge of working within an ITIL environment.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960478588