Quality Assurance Assistant
We have an immediate requirement for our client based in London for a
Clinical Quality Assurance Assistant (Q-Pulse exp preferred)
Our client is a fully registered clinical trials unit working across one of the top academic institutes in London. They work to deliver world class trials of all phases in various therapeutic areas.
The Purpose of the Post
You will support the QA Manager in all aspects of developing, implementing, reviewing and enhancing the Quality Management System (QMS),ensuring that trials are conducted and data processed in accordance with International Council on Harmonisation (ICH) GCP regulatory requirements.
The position will have particular focus on updating of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions for Quality Assurance activities, and ensuring that SOPs followed by the unit are produced, maintained and communicated appropriately.
Our client is in the process of moving to an electronic QMS, Q-Pulse, and the post holder will assist in implementation activities and documentation as required.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an effective Quality Management System
- Review and comment on Departmental SOPs and Work Instructions
- Preparation of SOPs and user guides for the Q-Pulse eQMS, based on generic documents
- Assist the QA Manager with implementation activities for the Q-Pulse eQMS
- Assist the QA Manager with follow up on corrective and preventive action plans and gap analyses.
- Assist with the management of the Quality System to ensure maintenance of SOPs and Work Instructions (WIs), including version control, QC review, publishing, revisions and archiving
- Assist the QA Manager with authorship/ update of SOPs covering the Quality System, CAPA, Q-Pulse or general activities.
- Support the QA Manager with the review of SOPs for adherence to ICH GCP, regulatory requirements, current best practice and Imperial Sponsor SOPs.
- Ensure ICTU personnel are notified about SOPs and WIs relevant to their role
- Track reading of SOPs and WIs across the departments
- Review and log SOP deviations and agree corrective/preventative actions
- Support the QA Manager with the management of corrective and preventative action plans to address findings and observations from audits and internal sources, and support personnel to ensure appropriate actions implemented
- Assist the QA Manager with preparation of presentations
- Assist the QA Manager with preparation and update of user training material for the Q-Pulse eQMS
- Provide routine system administrator support to the Q-Pulse system such as document upload, configuration and user account management.
Education and Qualifications
- A degree qualification or equivalent in a science or health related field
- Previous experience of Quality Assurance, preferably within a clinical trials unit
- Experience of working within a regulated environment, (GCP, GLP or GMP), GCP
- Experience of document management and version control
- Experience in authorship and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Knowledge of clinical trials in all phases
- Experience of maintaining a Quality Management System
- Experience in use of Q-Pulse,
- Experience in defining process diagrams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate confidently, both in writing and verbally
- Writing skills for Standard Operating Procedures
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload to achieve deadlines
- Computer skills including the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the internet
These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of people assigned to this job.
Please apply if you have immediate availability and include your current CV ,expected Hourly / Daily rate.
Pop Science are an innovative, personal and experienced recruitment and staffing consultancy. Our aim is to make science more popular by championing careers in clinical and scientific research, technology, engineering, maths and more. Whether you want a permanent job, a contract role or even a change in perspective with some volunteering, contact us and let us help you. We support working practises that promote happiness at work.
We're an experienced, skilled team with personality; we have a passion for science, and drive and enthusiasm to make a difference to you.
Find out more at Pop Science - Recruitment