Project Manager - Aberystwyth
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
SALARY/RATE AND BENEFITS: £40,000 +
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING: Engineering/Professional Project Management
IDEALLY YOU ALSO HAVE: Experience in a project delivery role
COMPANY INFORMATION: Scottish Power UK PLC
Job Purpose Statement
Responsible for delivering the safe provision of one of the following specific activities with strict adherence to the appropriate regulatory and license obligations for the electricity distribution network;
Operations & Maintenance
* Deliver district business plan outputs in line with financial, regulatory and business plan objectives whilst optimising return through incentive mechanisms.
* Through active customer and stakeholder engagement, support delivery of robust communication activities to facilitate the delivery of project plans and deliverables affecting local communities, customers and stakeholders.
* Deliver robust project plans to facilitate business deliverables in line with district and licence plans which are devised to minimise outages to customers.
* Ensure efficient and effective delivery of performance targets as appropriate, such as:
* Customer Minutes Lost, Customer Interruptions
* Broad Measure of Customer Satisfaction
* Guaranteed Standards
* Time to Connect
* Other Incentive mechanisms
* To effectively deliver the relevant elements of the business plan, undertake some or all of the following activities as required:
* contract management,
* project management
* To drive continual performance improvement through analysis of outputs and feedback from internal and external sources.
* Integrate asset stewardship and ownership values through sound engineering principles and coordinated planning and delivery activities to improve integrity, safety and longevity of the electrical network.
* Promotes an exemplary safety culture and ensures that all safety legislation is implemented and delivered through all activities.
* Where appropriate:
* Deliver maintenance and reliability, system performance and network security business plan outputs in line with financial unit cost drivers, regulatory and business plan objectives whilst optimising return through appropriate system performance and customer service incentive mechanisms.
* Deliver a portfolio of capital investment projects and associated regulatory outputs, integrating the priorities and requirements of customer service, capital delivery, incentive mechanisms
* Integrate Operational Excellence principles in all undertakings
* Ensure the accurate and timely capture and recording of data within Corporate systems
* Ensure customer records are accurately maintained within Corporate systems and that all customer interactions are recorded
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Project / programme management experience, with a strong performance ethos and a track record of driving and delivering projects and initiatives.
* Knowledge of the regulatory environment including relevant output and incentive mechanisms would be of benefit.
* General contract, commercial and regulatory awareness with the ability to balance effective and efficient customer service and project delivery, ensuring maximum return on investment.
* Effective stakeholder and customer service engagement and management.
* Ability to communicate and present information effectively at all levels
* Ability to manage competing priorities using sound engineering and financial judgement to determine optimal solutions
* Awareness and understanding of key business drivers and the external commercial context in which SPEN is operating
* Ability to devise solutions to complex problems/challenges.
* Technical and operational experience in a relevant engineering role would be of advantage.
* Experience of SAP desirable
* Where required, expert knowledge of
* Construction and maintenance standards in accordance with regulatory requirements
* Engineering standards and specifications up to 33kV would be of benefit
Planning & Organising
* Plans own workload and daily activities to meet team objectives and ensuring completion of all projects, programmes and reactive activities within the relevant guaranteed standards and licence conditions.
* Contributes to the delivery plan to allow efficient delivery of investment, maintenance, and customer projects aligned with local community and stakeholder proposals.
* Contractor management leading to full delivery of programme without compromising on safety and quality.
* Able to make balanced decisions, taking into account all possible information available, able to consult with others when applicable and anticipate/recognise possible outcomes.
* Deliver robust short and medium plans to facilitate business deliverables in line with district outage plans which are devised to minimise outages to customers.
Engineering/Professional Project Management qualification or equivalent experience
Experience in a project delivery role
Relevant network construction and operational experience
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates. Rullion is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.