Senior Engineer - EDS
Job Title: Senior Engineer - EDS
Job Location: Warwick, West Midlands, UK
Job Salary: £26-£28 per hour (dependent upon experience)
Design & Develop Electrical Distribution Systems
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Oversee the design of Electrical Distribution Systems to ensure robust release, supporting the vehicle development timing.
- The Electrical Distribution System engineer will be responsible for defining specifications and leading the Programme Module Sub Team covering: functionality, costs, timing, quality, weight, Design Verification Plan status, supplier liaison and meeting all legislative requirements.
- Pro-actively drive down the cost of engineering, tooling and parts on an ongoing basis.
- Guide a team of supplier Electrical Distribution System engineers based both on site and remotely.
- Work closely with the circuit engineer to manage the circuit instructions (DT's) and circuit changes through prototype build phases.
- Component releasing and change control management.
- Progress engineering concerns through Electronic Change Management System and report out to the relevant programme leader(s).
- Lead and support generation of Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and System FMEA's.
- Support sub-system / supplier Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis reviews.
- Generation and Control of Design Verification Plans and Sign-off Reports for owned components.
- Control prototype parts procurement.
- Support prototype vehicle builds and vehicle launches at relevant production site (supervision of build technicians and supplier).
- Work closely with the Quality team and supplier to solve any problems (8D Process).
- Ability to think outside the box and generate new and better solutions for Electrical Distribution System.
- Support process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure latest materials and technology are understood and implemented at the earliest opportunity.
- Cross functional liaison is essential working with: Manufacturing, Purchasing, Service, Quality, Logistics, Program Teams, Prototype Operations and Legislation.
Qualification and Experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualification in relevant subject.
- Experience within design and development of EDS Systems.
- Extensive knowledge of both high and low voltage EDS design requirements and manufacturing techniques.
- Good experience of directing supplier teams to deliver defined requirements.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience of preparing strategic plans for complex electrical commodities (desirable)
- Proven commodity delivery skills.
- Ability to robustly challenge reasons for change, and make fact-based engineering decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good planning skills.
- Ability to think strategically to deliver single solutions across multiple vehicle lines.
- Ability to work as part of a team with the minimum of supervision.
- Full and valid driving license. (desirable)
- Occasional national and international travel is required to fulfil this role
How to Apply
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Senior Engineer - EDS, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960478267