Performance Engineering Lead
Performance Engineering Lead
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The most exciting digital revolution in HSBC's history is happening right now. The global digital solutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly unique career opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts from world-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
Our Digital teams are an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
Our work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to take advantage of new innovation.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role Digital Testing Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Drive the implementation and adoption of NFRs and the performance engineering strategy, processes, tools, and techniques across Digital onsite teams
- Lead onsite performance engineering resources and facilitate resource allocations for assigned projects and teams based on demand
- Demonstrate strong communication and stakeholder management skills to technical and non-technical audiences
- Provide 'hands on' expertise and support to embedded performance engineers in delivery of performance engineering, testing, and tuning activities
- Ensure ongoing awareness of performance engineering challenges around new technologies within Digital onsite teams and drive delivery of appropriate solutions
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Working experience in Performance engineering and/or testing discipline
- Knowledge and experience of managing and coordinating the performance testing and tuning of Java and Web applications, their designs and platforms/infrastructures on which they run
- Experience in planning, estimating, designing, executing, and analysing output from performance tests to satisfy NFRs and the ability to articulate findings and recommendations to technical and non-technical stakeholders including senior management
- Familiar with tools across the performance engineering discipline, e.g. performance testing tools (such as JMeter, MicroFocus Loadrunner/Performance Center), monitoring/logging tools (such as AppDynamics, New Relic, Splunk) and other performance analysis tools to diagnose and resolve performance issues
For further details and application information please click "Apply" or visit our careers site, searching under reference 0000AQO8.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures and live by our values of being dependable, open and connected. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960478388