Experienced Damage Claims Handler
Purpose of Role
You will be responsible for the management of Motor claims ensuring a proactive approach whilst delivering excellent customer service throughout.
What being a Damage Claims Handler Involves
To work with our customers to understand what they need, deliver the right resolution and provide an effortless claims journey throughout.
- Identify and manage claims by fault rating ensuring considerations are given to all relevant information to achieve pro-active handling and quality decisions
- Demonstrates the capability to deal with claims and the ability to apply process to ensure the optimum claims outcome
- Demonstrate commitment to our customers by actively monitoring and progressing their claims to settlement, whilst maintaining communication and actively minimising customer detriment
- Take accountability to achieve a right first time outcome for all customers minimising customer detriment
- Identify potential litigation and recovery opportunities on relevant claims Support the pro-active claims handling by demonstrating adherence to process
- Demonstrates and maintains best practice awareness to support quality claims decisions and mitigate risk
- Prioritise and manage workload in
- Consistently role model positive behaviours and our DLG values
Skills and qualities you’ll need
- Excellent customer focus and a professional attitude
- Methodical approach with attention to accuracy
- An inquisitive nature with the ability to investigate and negotiate
- Ability to make accurate decisions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proven experience of motor claims case management including FNOL, OR minimum of 2 years experience of insurance claims handling
Package and Hours
Salary £20,960 - £25,152 (dependant on experience and includes 9% pension contribution)
Benefits include 50% off car, home and pet insurance, 22 days holiday a year (plus 8 bank holidays or time off in lieu) and free travel & breakdown insurance, If you are not ready to save for your pension you can opt out and take the money as part of your salary
Full time 37.5 hours
Shift patterns between Monday to Friday - 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-5pm (Only 1 Saturday in 4)
Shift and training information will be discussed at interview and offer stage.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.