Intellectual Property Associate
Becoming an Intellectual Property Associate with Axelos:
The Intellectual Property Associate will be responsible for assisting the Head of Legal with all matters relating to the protection and exploitation of the AXELOS portfolio of IP assets. This role will have primary responsibility for the development and operation of the AXELOS licensing schemes and management of the AXELOS trade mark portfolio. This includes ensuring the licensing schemes are being run in accordance with Commercial and IP strategy, maintenance of trade mark registrations and protection of the AXELOS portfolio of Global Best Practice brands.
Additionally this post will be responsible for routine engagement with external experts for infringements, registrations and domain names.
With a commercial and delivery background as well as experience in intellectual property licensing and protection the Legal Associate/Manager will work as part of the Legal team and support AXELOS with its development and growth strategies.
What you will do:
- Manage the current trade mark portfolio of marks, including renewals, disputes and associated matters.
- Provide commercial and legal advice on intellectual property matters as required.
- Manage the registration of new trade marks, including use of search engines, dealing with trade mark agents and registries as appropriate including cost and benefit analysis and managing routine correspondence with external experts.
- Manage the registration and maintenance of domain names in accordance with AXELOS processes.
- Manage the processing of licence applications and support the Legal Assistant with issuing licences in accordance with the scheme rules.
- Manage the infringement operation and the Legal Assistant and be the first escalation point for all matters received.
- Provide advice and support to the infringement and licensing teams and management support to the Head of Legal by providing recommendations for next steps including justifications, preparation of necessary information and documentation for escalation to the Head of Legal.
- Managing infringer's compliance with settlement agreements including licensing arrangements, removal of products or services and payment of settlement fees where appropriate.
Your experience will include:
- Excellent understanding of and ability to interpret intellectual property law
- Knowledge of UK, EU and overseas trade mark and copyright law
- Experience of licensing IP assets
- Able to produce strategies
- Able to negotiate legal settlements
- Able to draft legal documents
- Able to demonstrate previous managerial experience of a high functioning team
- Ability to review complicated matters and succinctly identify the key issues in short timescales.
AXELOS offers employees a unique culture, combining the dynamic and autonomous environment of a start-up combined with all the benefits, opportunities, and support of a large plc. We formed just five years ago as a JV between Capita and the Cabinet Office and are always on the lookout for passionate people to join our growing team of around 100 employees.
AXELOS manages, develops and grows a portfolio of best practice methodologies used across the world including ITIL ®, PRINCE2®, MSP® and a collection of cyber resilience best practice products; RESILIA™. Find out more at www.AXELOS.com.
What's in it for you?
Our people are unique and our workforce is diverse. You'll be joining a team of extremely talented individuals and industry experts, helping us in our mission to become the world's most respected provider of global best practice. You'll be given the opportunity to shape a young and dynamic company and, at the same time, develop yourself as a professional through working for a business that truly values personal development.
We have a committee dedicated to engaging our employees and a ring-fenced fund for investment in our most important assets: our people. On top of the Capita perks, just some of the AXELOS benefits include:
- A £500 personal development pot per employee, in addition to any essential training for your role
- The opportunity to take an AXELOS course each year
- Gym membership
- Yoga & football every week
- Fruit Mondays, Coffee Tuesdays, Lunch Wednesdays, Breakfast Thursdays, Snack Fridays
- Monthly socials
- Quarterly department activity days to share updates and discuss business strategy
- A very generous performance-based bonus of up to 20% of your gross salary
- Quarterly rewards for top talent, as nominated by your peers
We're the kind of company that lets you work from home on Fridays, eat lunch with the exec team, and wear smart-casual clothes because we want you to be comfortable and happy. If you like what you have heard so far then get in touch - we'd love to hear from you!
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.