We are looking for a Systems Administrator in London to join the market leader within the online & mobile gambling industry.
The newly hired Systems Administrator will be required to provide technical support advice and guidance to both internal and external customers.
This is a highly visible role which supports both internal and external clients. It requires in depth knowledge of Linux, Windows, Cisco Firewall & Switches, F5 Load Balancers and HP Servers and Storage in a 24/7/365 environment. Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail are required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Thorough knowledge and in-depth experience of Linux systems administration.
- Networking & load balancing products - Cisco & F5 BIG-IP.
- Switches, routers, firewalls, ACL's.
- Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and Windows.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting.
- Linux and shell scripting skills.
- Monitoring software products such as Nagios, Zabbix.
- Support of all Linux servers, storage and related software.
- Support of all Microsoft based services.
- Support of internal and external networks.
- Designing, implementing, testing and highly available Linux configurations.
- Provide out of hours / weekend production support as part of an on call rota.
- Provide a structured, hands-on approach to issue resolution, infrastructure projects and environment management.
- To help maintain systems availability to external users of 99.9% excluding planned downtime.
- Respond to out of hours on call production incidents within defined SLA.
- Provide technical support cover in the office on a rota system between 08:00 - 18:00.
- Take the lead on the management and implementation of digital marketing and social media.
- Play a key role in the analysis of competitive environment and market trends.
Added experience in any of the following would be an advantage:
- Supporting and managing Java / J2EE based web sites
- Load Balancing, persistence and failover
- Experience of SAN's, switching fabric
- Knowledge of security products such as Tripwire, RSA Secure ID, Snort
- Knowledge of PHP / Perl / Python/ SharePoint and the ability to build on and use Open Source tools/projects.
- Application Servers such as Oracle Web Logic or Tomcat.
- Automation & Configuration Management tools - Puppet, Chef, Kubernetes, Docker
- Virtualisation products - VMWare
- Backup & Restore utilities - VEEAM
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.