We have partnered with a fresh, food business who are looking for a Commercial Manager to join their fast-paced, commercial team.
You will have experience of working across all Top 4 grocery accounts, within a business which has a portfolio of short shelf life products. The ideal candidate would also have some experience in or a good understanding of procurement.
The role is based is Lincolnshire however there is some flexible working for the right candidate. This is a value orientated business, with a collaborative culture and strong business proposition.
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager in leading and developing the product category team in line with Strategic Objectives and Company values
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager to develop, in conjunction with the Customer Champions, the agreed Customer Strategic Plans in line with business objectives
- To be fully conversant with all specific customer strategy, category plans and business processes, with an awareness of the same for all customers
- Proactively engaging customers to maintain a high level of service, whilst identifying and optimising opportunities for profitable growth
- Own specific procurement plans and strategies. Taking responsibility for full availability and profitability in line with customer and budget requirements
- Build strong grower relationships, evolving sourcing countries and route to deliver a key point of difference
- Work as part of the commercial teams to maintain the revenue and gross margin in line with annual targets
- Work with the supply chain and Operations teams to ensure that the service requirements are understood and implemented in line with customer expectations
- Promote a continuous improvement (LEAN) culture and continually strive to achieve efficiencies to drive the business objectives
- Budget writing, weekly and monthly Turnover and P&L forecast and reporting (for specified customers) Develop, support and maintain a dynamic, proactive working relationship with Customers & Suppliers.
- Negotiate with Customers & Suppliers to ensure that their needs are being met, their business is retained and that optimise any business development opportunities
- Review and recommend category performance against Budget and Customer KPI's and expectations
- Lead customer and supplier meetings (UK and abroad) and cascade outputs and requirements in a timely manner to the category and other department team members
- Promote an inclusive environment within the category and wider team which supports through active listening, approachability and proactively helps to provide solutions and or solves problems
- Conduct all business and communication, internally and externally, in line with written company policies and in a way that promotes a positive image of the company at all times
- Ensure product forecasts and sales plans are completed as accurately as possible in a timely manner
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager in respect to the work streams involved with Category Marketing, Technical and NPD (packaging & varietal) to develop sustainable innovation plans in line with the Company Strategy and values.
- Employ continuous improvement through "plan, do, and review" management cycle
- Appraisals and objective setting for all direct reports. Play a proactive role to drive efficiencies throughout the business and ensure any processes, standards and best practices are implemented, imbedded and adhered to, which allows for better value, greater efficiency and therefore business profitability
- Ensure sufficient security and protection of data is achieved to meet GDPR requirements within the Department
- Support the business by driving, working and demonstrating you are meeting the company values
Skills & experience:
- Currently working as a Commercial/National Account Manager or an experienced National Account Executive
- Experience of working within an FMCG food business - ideally fresh & chilled/dairy
- Solid understanding of Procurement or previously held a role in this business function
- Strong relationship manager - working across Top 4 grocery accounts
- Experience within a multi site / international business
- A dynamic and action orientated character who is able to deliver tangible results
- Able to build strong commercial relationships with key suppliers / internal customers.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Supplier management and high negotiation skills
- A solid understanding of supply chain processes
- Drive and dynamism, with high levels of competitive spirit and energy
For a confidential conversation please apply here or send your CV to Becky Evans -