Design Team Leader
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Team Leader to join our Structures & Transmissions Component Engineering team in Derby to work across the Civil Large Engine product range.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and a collaborative approach, we're putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry - and we'll keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world, we're keeping the world flying.
- Lead, manage and coach your team, and be responsible for their capability / personal development
- Manage the Load/capacity planning for your team, escalating resource issues as necessary
- Embed robust task management and planning, utilising the full strengths of the team
- Review & approve technical reports generated by the team, using appropriate delegation where possible
- Provide technical oversight of the team, ensuring the quality standard of the technical deliverables to requirements
- Manage offload for your local team in line with strategic resourcing plans
- Degree in mechanical engineering, related disciplines or equivalent
- Self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills to be able to work closely with the team, management and outside of the department
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and be able to follow (as well as develop) processes and procedures
- Knowledge of gas turbine architectures and systems would be beneficial.
- Good knowledge of strength of materials, manufacturing processes, geometric tolerances, oil and air sealing technologies and be familiar with working in a PLM team environment.
- Experience of working with internal/external supply chains.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create momentum. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.