Senior Fund Accountant
Senior Fund Accountant / Administration Manager- Pensions
This is a newly created role for a Senior Manager to join the Fund Administration team.
Asset under management and cashflows are projected to grow significantly over the next few years. This new role is needed to support this growth and the continued development of the investment proposition which will become more complex.
- Managing the contractual relationship of scheme fund administrator
- Accountable for the accuracy of all fund accounting data and delivery of monthly and annual fund accounting data for the scheme accounts
- Accounting for monitoring and assuring that key reconciliation between the fund administrator and scheme administrator and fund managers are up to date
- Ensuring the asset allocation of the 50 plus fund is implemented correctly and ensuring the asset allocation is in line with the targets etc. Currently assets under management are £2.5b growing to £5b March 18 and over £10b in March 19. Any error can have significant cost implications.
- Ensuring the Fund Administrator calculated unit prices and the fund value accurately
- Ensuing the Annual management charge is calculated correctly and remitted to the scheme each month circa £500k per month and growing to £2.5m pm in March 2019.
- Monitoring fees paid to fund managers ensuring they are accurate currently £3m pa growing to £12m in 2019.
- Accountable for supporting market engagement and the procurement of new fund managers
- Accountable for for investment operational MI including quarterly reporting to the investment committee
- Review and monitoring of the team's performance against objectives and carry out annual and mid-year reviews
Experience and technical skills
- Experience of managing investment operations and in particular unitised funds
- Experience of implementing investment platforms in order to delivery complex investment solutions in a cost effecting manner
- Experience of on boarding fund managers and implementing fund manager contracts
- Strong commercial acumen, skilled in working with outsourced delivery partners
- Experience of fund accounting within a financial services organisation
- Experience of assurance reporting and frameworks
- A good understanding of the various investment structure including pooled funds, separate accounts and limited partnerships
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment in which pension schemes operate
- Custody experience
If you fit the profile, please apply!
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.