The role of a Credit Controller involves overseeing the accounts and making sure everything runs smoothly, from the invoicing being completed to money being collected for the reporting entities.
- Day to Day collection of outstanding invoices.
- Ensure debts are collected before they become overdue whilst ensuring older debts are collected and dealt with as a priority.
- A strong telephone based role, calls inbound and outbound must be a priority.
- Handle queries and resolve problems efficiently for Credit Control and the business.
- Open items the ledgers such as unallocated cash/credits are identified and cleared promptly.
- To build relationships with external customers and internal colleagues to achieve best result for the business.
- Receive, respond and resolve customer queries in a timely manner that come into the department via email and telephone.
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices.
- Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment and paid on due date.
- Ensuring Collection targets are met each weekly/monthly.
- Must have Credit Control experience
- • Demonstrate a drive to do a good job, persevering until a query is resolved.
- Dealing with outstanding debts which need collecting in a timely manner (to terms)
- Assist with month-end/weekly reporting and reconciliations
- Good keyboard skills with working knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Polite and confident telephone manner.
- Ability to use own initiative when required.
- Take ownership and responsibility for customer accounts assigned to them.
- A good strong team player who is highly motivated to achieve set objectives/targets.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week