BUYER - c£50k Benefits - NORTH WEST
c£50k + Benefits
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website at www.strive.co.uk or join us on twitter at twitter.com /strivellp for further vacancies and information.
Our client is a leading 3PL in the UK and we are delighted to assist them in their search for a Buyer at their site in Lancashire (OL10).
Reporting into main Board, this is a brand new role, created with the main purpose of negotiating contracts and designing a preferred supplier list for all UK Depots to follow for all non-food related items (from trucks and trailers to stationary).
As the main buyer, you will be responsible for improving prices and terms of business with suppliers, source new suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings, promoting procurement best practice.
Buyer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working mainly with the group fleet and facilities managers.
- Deliver cost savings whilst maintaining or improving quality standards.
- Streamline and optimise existing supplier base and product range.
- Manage existing and establish new service and supply contracts where applicable.
The Candidate (Buyer):
- Be proficient in all aspects of procurement including the tendering process for high value service and supply contracts.
- Be persuasive and able to make a clear presentation of ideas; to convince others and gain acceptance of proposals and plans.
- Show good communication skills, effective in one to one situations or meetings, able to express ideas and transmit information clearly in writing.
- Have good analytical skills with proven experience in preparing reports and data to present to the board.
- Demonstrate a high level of planning and control.
- Be self-motivated with a desire to achieve high quality performance.
- To work as part of a team to deliver collective success.
- Always act with a high degree of integrity and be able to maintain social and organisational values at work.
Apply now for immediate consideration