Accounts Payable Clerk
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Reporting To (name and job title): Accounts Payable Manager
Department: Accounts Payable Finance Operations Location: London
- Performance of accounts payable transaction processing from voucher capture through to payment including purchase order matching activities.
- Process supplier invoices in an efficient and accurate manner in-line with relevant controls, and have a calm and professional demeanor.
- Responsible for weekly BACS and Chaps payment runs as well as employee travel and entertainment expense reimbursement across Europe and Asia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capture supplier invoices in the accounting system and initiate workflow approval;
- Monitor and review daily workflow vouchers. Populate any missing fields and initiate workflow where approval where necessary;
- Review the daily workflow load reports to identify any vouchers stuck in processing. Address accordingly;
- Capture employee expenses for inclusion in weekly payment runs;
- Address and clear match exceptions in accounting system by liaising with the New York based procurement team;
- Maintain vendor standing data information in the accounting system;
- Prepare BACS and Chaps runs with related backup;
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations;
- Perform cash matching and semi auto reconciliation on a weekly basis in the accounting system;
- Participating in the financial close process including sub ledger to GL reconciliations and ensuring all activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Monitor of the detailed accounts payable age analysis;
- Monitor the accounts payable inbox and ensure that supplier and internal queries are swiftly and appropriately responded to;
- Responding to audit queries;
- Support with day to day administrative functions such as filing and archiving;
- To undertake ad hoc and other duties as required by the Shared Services team.
- To prepare to get involved in the new AP systems migration (From Peoplesoft to Oracle)
- To continuously stay vigilant and help assist in striving to keep our business safe (Phishing)
- Experience in a procurement based / purchase order driven accounts payable function;
- Experience with invoice scanning and automated approval workflow;
- Experience working in a Group that has multiple cost centers and companies;
- Experience capturing invoices in various currencies;
- Highly developed personal communication skills, both written and oral;
- Good computer literacy with experience using computer based accounting systems, word processing, spreadsheets and other standard business software
- Must be self-motivated and self-starting with ability to multi-task and effectively manage own workload, prioritising effectively and consistently meet deadlines;
- Excellent analytical skills with proven attention to detail;
- Demonstrates a clear commitment to the team approach exchanging ideas and providing support to colleagues;
- Highly organised and methodical.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud or PeopleSoft;