Lead Project Manager (IT)
Cathedral Appointments are seeking an experienced Lead Technical Project Manager to join a dynamic eCommerce business in Newton Abbot. Our client is looking for a highly experienced individual who can offer experience of both running their own projects as well as leading and developing a team. The teams focus is to manage projects varying in size that support the continual improvement of the Company’s technology platform, as well as involvement in wider business change projects.
- Lead and develop a small team of able Project Managers understanding workloads, training requirements and capabilities
- Take control of own portfolio of projects and assist where required on others to assist completion
- Manage and drive project plans, schedules and budget
- Identify and orchestrate project activities of cross-functional teams, tracking progress and status
- Take accountability for the progress of projects, highlighting risks, changes and facilitate mitigation
- Actively manage day to day activities, handle conflict resolution and create communication materials for multiple levels of stakeholders
- Organise, set up and chair project meetings
- Actively assess and manage risk
- Drive project post mortems, identify and report issues and how they overcome
- Organise and collate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual project reports, presenting the information in Management Report style.
- Previous experience in a project management role within an IT/technology setting is essential
- Experience of working in an ecommerce or retail setting is also required in order to understand the wider needs of the business as well as the PMO team
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate/lead other Project Managers
- A relevant project management qualification, ideally Prince2
- Strong understanding of Agile methodology
- Comfortable using IT systems to effectively manage project tasks
- Able to understand a wide range of tasks that require a high level of detail
- Highly methodical and organised
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time is essential
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced technical Lead Project Manager to make an impact in a fast-growing and innovative company. The successful candidate will oversee multiple projects to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used, and the different interests involved are satisfied.
Keywords: Project Manager, Project Management, IT projects, IT Project Manager, Technical Project Manager, Contract, Permanent, IT, Technology, Newton Abbot, eCommerce, Prince2, Agile, Retail
We are currently receiving an overwhelming level of responses to our advertising and therefore if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.