Joining a busy team in Witney, the Finance Assistant will focus on reconciliations, vat returns and will be learning about Tax.
Well established Organisation in Witney looking for a Finance Assistant on a part time basis. Please note this will be 25 hours however there is flexibility on days.
Specifically reporting into the Tax Manager, key responsibilities of the Finance Assistant will consist of the following:
Preparing and filing UK, other EU VAT returns, US sales tax returns and other international VAT returns for review by the Tax Manager.
- Preparation of VAT balance sheet reconciliations for all territories.
- Attending to VAT queries raised by HMRC and overseas tax authorities including attending VAT audit and review meetings.
- Provide assistance to the Tax Manager with the preparation of UK corporation tax returns.
- Prepare PSA calculations to be sent to payroll.
- Ad hoc administrative tasks when needed.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of Accounts and will ideally have basic finance experience (VAT returns and Bank reconciliations).
Please note, no Tax experience is required however working knowledge of this from studies would be advantageous.
It could be suitable for someone who is studying AAT but has no work experience and looking to get exposure into accounts.
Excellent package, opportunity to learn within a niche area of Finance and part time hours.