Private Client Secretary
Job Title: Private Client Secretary
Location: New Milton
Hours: 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday
We are currently recruiting for a Private Client Secretary to join a well-established Solicitors based in New Milton.
To provide high level secretarial and administrative support to fee earners in busy private client department.
- Fast and accurate audio and copy typing;
- Preparing and drafting general correspondence in letter and email format;
- Being the first point of contact for all clients in person and on the telephone;
- Liaising with clients, and third parties etc. on a day to day basis to deal with straightforward non-technical queries and to take clear messages as appropriate where the fee earner's involvement may be required and recording in writing on files details of all contact;
- Diary management (including arranging meetings etc.);
- Email management (taking action where appropriate);
- Drafting bills and printing billing guides, monitoring payment of the same;
- Time recording on the firm's electronic accounts system if required;
- File opening / closing and archiving in accordance with the firm's accounting and client care procedures;
- General office duties such as filing, photocopying and scanning;
- Keeping the firm's electronic document storage system up to date in all matters;
- Attending clients for Will signings in fee earners absence;
- Storing all original documents in accordance with the firm's procedures and updating Wills, LPA and Deed databases as appropriate;
- Undertake any other duties that may be necessary and/or appropriate to the role;
- Forming part of the reception lunchtime cover rota;
- Assisting with other departments as the need arises.
Previous experience of legal secretarial work particularly in a private client department would be an advantage. Specific knowledge of Probate procedures very desirable.
- Efficient and accurate word processing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to work under pressure and to cope with a varied and often fast moving office environment
- To present a smart and professional appearance and manner
- Excellent IT skills including Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 including Word, Excel,
Personal qualities required:
- Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- A helpful, friendly and patient approach
- A good sense of humour
- Dedicated and committed.
- Excellent time-keeping
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/