Working as part of a small, dedicated team, you will be responsible for administration of our IT infrastructure in both our datacentre and office environments. With the main focus always being on stability and reliability, you will always be looking to improve our systems and automate tasks wherever possible. As the core of the business is a subscription website, uptime is paramount.
Prior devops experience in Docker, development environments and configuration management will be highly regarded, however the opportunity to learn on the job will be available to the right candidate.
Whilst rarely required, you will need to available to respond to emergencies out of hours should any issues arise.
- Demonstrable Linux system administration experience
- Basic scripting (bash, python etc)
- Webserver administration and high availability (Nginx/Apache/HA Proxy)
- Networking (Cisco Firewalls, Switches, VPN etc)
- Virtualisation (KVM, RHEVetc)
- Backup and disaster recovery strategies (Bacula/Bareos)
- Source control (Mercurial, Git)
- Docker (Kubernetes/Swarm)
- Configuration management (Ansible, Consul)
- Server monitoring and logging tools (Nagios, Munin, Grafana, Logstash)
- Cloud services (AWS, Azure)
- Portable development environments using Vagrant
- MySQL/Postgresql administration
- Windows Server administration (LDAP/AD, Storage server, Exchange)
- CI/CD (Buildbot/Jenkins)
- Administration and monitoring of datacentre and office IT infrastructure
- Maintaining development and testing environments for our IT team
- Managing and evolving our disaster recovery strategies
- Configuration management and process automation
- Documentation of system configurations and processes