Salary dependent on experience
Direct Reports: 1 now, growing to 3 quickly (the successful candidate will help in the recruitment process)
Our client is an international publicly listed software company headquartered in the UK, with global offices in London, USA, Japan, Australia and India. It is undergoing rapid expansion and is the market leader in the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) globally.
Since its listing on the London Stock Exchange AIM market in early 2016, it has grown its customer base more than threefold with sales revenue, employee headcount and other business metrics also growing at an exciting rate.
Our client operates a 100% indirect sales model, meaning that all deals are transacted through reseller partners, who range from global Systems Integrators such as Accenture, Deloitte, EY and IBM down to smaller, geographically specific, advisory and implementation partners.
About Robotic Process Automation
As the pioneer, innovator and market leader in RPA, our client delivers the world’s most successful Digital Workforce. The company’s software robots automate transactions and improve operational efficiencies while meeting the requirements of the most demanding IT environments, where security, compliance and scalability are paramount. Our client provides a scalable and robust execution platform for best-of-breed AI and cognitive technologies and has emerged as the trusted and secure RPA platform of choice for the Fortune 500.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in recruiting, managing and growing a DevOps team, and the DevOps culture within an organisation
- All-round excellent DevOps technical skills, with demonstrable programming experience ideally using
build scripting languages.
- A motivated DevOps leader who can manage other DevOps Engineers and has experience of line management
- Good inter-personal communication skills - able to manage tasks in line with internal and external team expectations.
- Structured and methodological approach. Documentation is kept up to date, software code is released in a structured manner, faults are logged and fixed properly etc.
- A self-starter who finds solutions not problems and is easily able to adapt to new technologies.
- A driven leader who wants to achieve through continuous improvement of team, processes, tooling, etc.
- Windows installation and configuration
- Ansible and other app deploy/config management tools (e.g. Puppet, or Chef)
- Active Directory and Domain Services; Enterprise-level Windows concepts, e.g. UAC
- Virtualisation (VirtualBox, KVM, VMWare, Hyper-V, Xen)
- Scripting/Programming experience in Python, Powershell, etc.
- Jenkins, Git
- Linux system experience
- Cloud experience using Azure and AWS
- Continuous integration/continuous delivery platforms and technologies
- SQL Server
- Nuget / Chocolatey
- Windows automation experience
- Splunk or ELK
- Working in a leadership capacity with development and QA, proactively build and deploy product environments in readiness for development and QA testing
- Provide enhancements to continually improve our automation of build and deployment
- Contribute to version-controlled build and deploy scripts as part of the continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline
- Investigate and propose improvements to deployment management and configuration management
- Suggest improvements to speed up build and deployment times
- Work closely with the QA team to troubleshoot and resolve reported or anticipated environment problems.
- Contribute to continual improvement as part of the agile process
- Experience of evaluating suitable DevOps infrastructure options and recommending suitable solutions, considering budget, capacity planning, etc.