Based in Kidderminster, the role of Production administrator will be to ensure the efficient day to day planning of the sites production by accurately carrying out transactions in SAP & other computer systems as required. You will also ensure that documentation is archived correctly as per Company Procedures & that once the retention period has passed documents are routinely & appropriately disposed of.
Key Responsibilities Of The Role
- To ensure that at all times they conduct themselves in compliance with the Firm’s Health & Safety requirements.
- To maintain established standards relating to the activities & products. Monitors performance according to the agreed standards.
- Liaise with all functions in the warehouse & head office to ensure the highest levels of end customer service are achieved.
- Monitor cost performance as required & assists in cost reduction initiatives. Contributes to achieving cost reduction targets for the warehouse.
- Ensure that all deadlines are achieved by resolving issues & close liaison with other site personnel
The ideal candidate for the position of Production Planner will have the following skills:
- Basic knowledge of EHS relating to an office & warehouse environment.
- Knows & can apply the Company policies as laid out in the Employment Handbook.
- Has a detailed understanding of product & process quality requirements.
- Highly organised & has a methodical approach to their work.
- Good general knowledge of warehousing & distribution activities.
- Knows customer specific requirements related to the sites business.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Good computer skills, including SAP, Microsoft Excel & e-mail.
The Company and Benefits
Our client is the largest mill independent multi metal stockholder & distributor in the UK and Ireland, and a member of the largest producer independent distributor of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service centre companies in the European and American markets combined.
Along with an excellent starting salary we offer a number of training and development opportunities including leadership and management courses.