Primecare Health is currently recruiting Care Workers to join our team and work within the Edinburgh area. No experience is needed as full training will be provided and ongoing support if needed. We are looking for people who share our commitment to working in the community and who really want to make a positive difference to people’s lives.
The role will involve:
- Assisting service users to carry out appropriate activities of their choice and promote independence
- To communicate effectively and professionally with everyone in the service users life
- To work effectively and professionally within the policies, procedures, aims, objectives and philosophy of the company with your colleagues
- Other duties include assisting with household tasks; personal care; preparing meals, outings with service users, supporting the service users with achieving their goals in life, domestic tasks such as laundry, general cleaning. Shopping services, housing support you may be asked to accompany service users on a short breaks or holiday.
- To complete induction and foundation training especially if you have no experience working with people with a learning disability
- Commit yourself to developing skills and knowledge as identified by you, your line manager, the service users you support and the organisation
- To be person centred in all aspects of your role.
- SSSC registration must be achieved with 6 months of employment start date
- A satisfactory Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) check
- 4 On 4 Off Doubles
- 4 On 4 Off AM or PM
- Weekend AM or PM
- Full comprehensive training
- Up to 28 paid holidays per annum
- Company pension
- Free initial training
- Free uniform once training PVG etc is completed
- Opportunities to develop your career
- Working with a team which values you and the work you do
- Mobile phone (business use only)
- Refer & Earn Scheme