Finance Business Partner
Overall Job Purpose:
- The Finance Business Partner works closely with finance and operational teams to support the businesses strategic, financial and operational plans.
- Work with operational teams to ensure appropriate financial focus, rigour, insight and challenge in order to help identify opportunities and mitigate risks
- Support internal customers in all finance and accounting matters including budgeting, forecasting and cost control.
- Key support for a Tier/Regional Director including attendance at regional monthly meetings
- Work with operational teams through robust financial analysis of historic and forecast performance providing insight and challenge and helping to identify cost saving opportunities and manage emerging risks
- Play a key role in the effective delivery, implementation and monitoring of any value-adding or cost reducing activity
- Finance subject matter expert for one or more key P&L areas, linking operational and financial impacts with knowledge of the underlying commercial relationships. Support in the identification and implementation of initiatives across the business including supporting preparation of business cases
- Business partner for functional heads including product, maintenance, marketing and central costs
- Support the preparation of budgets and forecasts with focus on costs ensuring appropriate review and understanding of risks and opportunities associated with delivery
- Ensure operational teams understand and act on hotel performance reporting including regular reviews and development of action plans. Work with reporting teams to ensure reporting is relevant and insightful
- Provide support to the financial accounting teams in month end, including providing operational insight
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
Person Specification: Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Qualified accountant from a CIMA/ACCA/ACA study route
- Commercial awareness and able to demonstrate where they have added value and made a difference
- Track record of 'landing’ initiatives cross-functionally and working with operational teams
- Ability to use own initiative and confident to challenge and present own point of view concisely and effectively
- Effective team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture.
- Pro-active self-starter
- Be able to express and resolve queries in a concise and timely manner
- Able to work independently and meeting tight business deadlines
- Confident, articulate individual comfortable dealing with both financial and non-financial stakeholders at various levels of the company
- Ability to work with complex data, presenting it in a user-friendly format and able to make concise and insightful observations about it
- High level of competence in Microsoft Excel with an ability to analyse large volumes of data
- Previous experience of using Sun or Anaplan desirable