With 80 local offices, over 2000 team members and over 100,000 clients, Towergate Insurance Brokers has the largest footprint and biggest salesforce in the UK. We’re community brokers and risk experts backed by the scale and spirit of the UK’s largest independent broker. We’ve got big ambitions for the future - join us for the journey and make your mark on the local community.Job Outline
To actively and enthusiastically contact new and potential clients, to further enhance our knowledge of their business, to ensure that the correct department can provide a quotation for that client.
Principle Objectives and Responsibilities including the following, other objectives may be assigned:
- Input details of telephone calls into diary systems, always asking for advice when needed.
- Book appointments for development and account executives with prospect and existing clients ensuring that they are fully qualified leads
- Co-ordinate development/account executives diaries to ensure optimum use of time and bookings.
- Ensure that company procedures and systems are followed and reviewed.
- Achieve daily targets, and produce accurate daily figures.
- Have required M.I. readily available when required.
- Liaise with other departments to attend to customer/clients needs.
- Maintain a good knowledge of the company’s products and services.
- Selling the correct product to match the client’s needs and expectations.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Communicate with other departments.
- Maintains own competence and compliant status
- Deals with clients confidently and effectively
- Analyses and assesses clients needs
- Maintains a safe working environment
- Plans and organises own work
- Provides a service to clients
- Manages own time
- Maintains a high standard of call quality
- Positively embraces feedback and changes behaviour accordingly
- Uses own initiative, and is an enthusiastic team player.
- Flexible and open to change
- Works well under pressure.
- Thorough understanding of FCA regulations and guidelines relating to both private and commercial customers
- Knowledge of company’s core policies with reference to appropriate experts when the cover falls outside own expertise
- Knowledge of general insurance and underlying legal principles
- Knowledge of all company specific procedures
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements of general insurance in operation at any time
- Willingness to continue to develop knowledge of products and related issues through formal and informal learning, both internally and externally to the firm.
- Be able to apply own judgement and experience when making decisions.
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written, that are effective and meet business needs.
- Confident and effective telephone skills.
- The ability to prioritise and organise own workload
- The ability to work supportively and jointly with colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines when required
- Ability to work without supervision
- Commitment to the organisation
- Provides feedback to superiors on ideas to improve performance.
IT skills Essential
- MS Word
- MS Outlook
- Accurate data input skills
- Own company designed system