To assist the Senior Accounts Administrator and Accounts Manager in the collection and collation of important information that needs to be submitted to the Finance Department as and when required. This includes Daily Reports, eCensus, Petty Cash reconciliations, patient monies, patient funding authorisations, enhanced observation logs and monthly payroll summaries.
To comply with Cygnet Healthcare Policy and Procedure including Financial Strategy, Policy and Procedure to maintain a level of service which meets Cygnet Standards
eCensus is a bespoke database used by Cygnet to record daily events.
– Daily checking of the eCensus and ensuring that all areas in need of authorisation have been picked up.
– Also responsible for the daily production of reports for Bed Statistics, Nursing HPPD, Enhanced Observation Logs and Funding Authorisation Spreadsheets.
– Ensure the submission of the daily reports to the Ward Managers, Senior Managers and the Group Accounts department occurs to deadline on a daily basis.
– Ensuring all new admissions has the necessary funding from the outset.
– Liaising with Trusts and CCG’s regarding continuations and additional funding.
– Submitting funding details (including admission form) to the regional sales department for invoicing.
– Collating disbursement slips that are received from the wards.
– Maintaining a diary system for all funding requests.
– Observation Logs, checking, costing for authorisation before sending
– Clinical justification, send to commissioners upon receipt
– When handling patient money ensure that it is dealt with in accordance with STE policy on the Handling of Patients Monies.
– To maintain the patient money records and SU2 bank account reconciliation when the Senior Accounts Administrator is on leave.
– To oversee patients property and money held in the accounts department (this includes items such as mobile phones, bank account cards, laptops, jewellery, etc.). All such items are to be kept in individual sealed bags in the safe. The bags may not leave the accounts office. When the seal is broken to add or remove property, staff involved must sign as proof of transaction.
– To complete quarterly audits of the contents of all ward safes and report any discrepancies to the appropriate manager.
– To assist the Senior Accounts Administrator in the production of the payroll summaries to the deadlines required.
– To complete monthly audits of the hours processed through payroll and report any discrepancies to the appropriate manager.
– To assist the Senior Accounts Administrator in all aspects of petty cash handling.
– Issuing of petty cash claims and ensuring all claims are made against a valid receipt.
– Ensure that all incoming monies are recorded and banked in accordance with Cygnet policy.
– To cover the Senior Accounts Administrator when on leave, in issuing and recording of Activity/ Ward fund.
– Reporting of any anomalies to the Senior Accounts Administrator.
– To attend meetings as required from time to time e.g. general staff meetings, etc.
– Assist the Clinical Manager and Hospital Manager in any task deemed necessary for the smooth running of the Finance Department.
Cygnet Hospital Stevenage is close to J8 of the A1M, on the northern outskirts of Stevenage in Hertfordshire. It has good train and road connections with a number of surrounding towns and cities, including London.
For more information about Cygnet Hospital Stevenage and its services, please visit the main Cygnet Health Care website.