Communications & Engagement Consultant
RAC is a Private Equity owned, highly diverse and extremely commercial organisation and we have been coming to the rescue of our members for over 120 years; with an unrivalled reputation for innovation & customer service and serving over eight million members.
Our colleagues work at pace, we work in a challenging but rewarding environment and have a culture that allows individuals the chance to have autonomy, high visibility and to become involved in a wide array of projects.
If you want your next role to provide you an opportunity to take broad accountability and where you will be expected to help drive agendas this could be your next move.
Currently we are looking for a Comms & Engagement Consultant to join our fast-paced and dynamic HR team to take responsibility for creating and delivering an effective internal communications and engagement plan which actively and positively engages colleagues and other key stakeholders within RAC.
- Support the development of a consistent, measurable, strategic communication and engagement strategy for the given RAC Divisions
- Develop and effectively deliver a rolling 12 month communication & engagement plan aligned to the broader RAC Internal Comms plan
- Seek to establish Internal Communications as 'best in class’ and an industry leader
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, Divisional blogs, weekly updates or regular email bulletin, including working on the layout of content
- Use social media and internal communication tools to effectively communicate and improve read rates and participation
- Edit digital content; video and audio files, to provide a high quality content and output across all mediums, retaining alignment to RAC Internal Comms tone of voice
- Take overall accountability and publisher responsibility for the given Divisions’ internal communication channels, incl. films, events, podcasts etc;
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Investigate, scope and deliver new and agile channels - including but not exclusively social media and digital - to improve the service delivered by IC and Engagement.
- Proactively engage with key managers to both gain awareness of business developments, to align and keep focus on the communication plans
- Act as the ears of the organisation, regularly engaging with colleagues, responding to feedback and adapting plans and communications accordingly.
- Actively engage with Divisional senior leadership to improve management communications / style, providing development and support, including from HR / L&D as appropriate
- Support the development of innovative strategies to increase employee engagement and business focus, including day to day activities as well as large scale companywide projects
- Provide support for internal launch events, engagement activities and poster campaigns in support of key business initiatives
- Support the Group Chief People Officer and Divisional Directors with communication and engagement activities as required, including ad-hoc projects and preparation of papers
Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- Substantial experience of internal communication and engagement delivery, especially its application to large-scale organisational change and continuous improvement programmes
- Experience of IC/ engagement application in a complex, fast-moving and diverse environment is essential
- Ability to translate strategic plans into tactical delivery plans
- Experience of translation of organisational objectives into targeted communications and engagement activities across a range of different channels and media
- Expert and up to date knowledge of communication strategies, technologies, trends and techniques
- Understanding and enthusiasm for applying continuing developments in technology and social media to the benefit of communications.
- Strong planning, organisational and delivery skills
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Effective networker
- Experience of successfully working with senior level management
- Significant experience in writing, proofing and editing material, incl. critical and sensitive comms
- Experience of presenting proposals and plans to senior level management
- Ability to edit video and audio content
- Evidence of a highly collaborative style
- Ability to react quickly to changing circumstances
- Able to lead by example, understands breadth and diversity of colleague groups and is inclusive in approach
Please Note - No Recruitment Agencies will be engaged for this vacancy.