Financial Planning Analyst - Energy Publishing, Central London
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information to the energy and commodity industries. We are expanding the Corporate Planning and Analysis team to support the company’s senior executives and the increased need for timely and accurate financial data and analysis.
You will be at the heart of the company’s strategy and work closely with senior management globally across departments to deliver detailed and business driven financial reporting. You will provide insights and recommendations to business executives based on in-depth analysis of the company’s KPIs and financial data and your operational knowledge. You will also be involved in forecasting and developing ad-hoc analysis to support the Corporate Planning and Analysis (CP&A) team and the wider finance group. You will be based in London but work with global executives.
- Deliver specific key strategic projects for senior executives
- Ensure clear communication around business drivers and future implications, including development and promotion of well-understood and insightful KPIs
- Ensure data quality of all financial and operational data
- Promote the use of business intelligence and analysis tools
- Drive improvement within the CP&A team to simplify processes, improve communication and the flow of information to the business
- Prepare presentations for board, group management and committee meetings
- Support your manager in delivering timely and accurate information for the budget and forecasting cycles
Skills and Experience
- BS/BA in Business, Economics, Accounting/Finance or related discipline
- Experience preferably from a consultancy or financial background
- Strong and effective analytical skills and good business acumen
- Highly organized and detail-oriented individual with the ability to work under pressure and in situations with changing priorities
- Provide highest standards of accuracy and precision
- Good communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with ability to maintain a professional and collaborative relationship with all levels of the organisation
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and Power Point. Advanced Excel skills required
- Problem solver with the ability to think creatively
- Highly-driven and self-motivated
- Display high degree of judgment, discretion and confidentiality
- Knowledge of business intelligence platform such as Birst an advantage
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with more than 850 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 21 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets, and also offers bespoke consulting services and industry leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Half of Argus employees are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Extensive internal and external training