My client, a Manchester based firm are looking to hire a VAT manager to help strnegthen their client offering. The role is Manchester based, offering excellent remuneration in the region £50-60,000 and sensible flexibility and pragmatism around working hours.
As an Manager within the VAT team you will primarily have an advisory focus, being responsible for providing VAT advice and consultancy services to clients in a range of multinational businesses, international and UK, listed and private companies, central and local government, non profit making organisations, charities and housing associations.
You will provide assistance with the management of a portfolio of clients, including acting as one of the main points of contact for the client and liaising with other advisors. You will develop the VAT service offering by using advisory skills in assisting on a wide range of projects and sectors. You will help to develop the business and to seek new opportunities both internally and externally ads well as support senior management on VAT planning and other ad hoc projects.
* The position would be appropriate for a current Assistant Manager with requisite technical and personal skills seeking progression.
* The individual must have strong client handling skills and the ability to develop good relationships with clients and other professionals.
* Must have good interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
* Substantial experience in VAT.
* CTA qualified or part qualified or equivalent.
* The individual should have a strong interest in the technical side of VAT and should expect a high level of technical work commensurate with the grade.