ur client in Coventry, CV6, are looking for a maintenance engineer on a temporary to permanent basis. Maintenance engineers will be responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery. You will be using computerized systems to oversee routine maintenance and organise repairs. You will also be involved in the control and monitoring of devices and occasionally in the manufacture of items that will help in maintenance.
As a maintenance engineer you will be working with other professionals in order to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel and production processes.
Responsibilities and tasks may vary from role to role but typical work activities include:
- Dealing with emergency, unplanned problems and repairs
- Diagnosing breakdown problems, carrying out repairs, replacing faulty parts
- Understanding electrical drawings
- Planning and scheduling planned and unplanned work
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Writing maintenance shift reports and follow up requirements
- Working alone or part of a team depending on the situation
- Following a structured shift pattern with a flexible approach.
Candidates should have the following qualifications and/or experience:
- Time served in electrical or multi skilled apprenticeship
- Understanding of PLC/HMI controlled machines
- Competent in fault finding on 24v DC circuits
- Following safe working practices
- Computer skills - Microsoft office, emails
Hours - TBC
Salary - £35,000 per year, negotiable depending on experience.
If interested please click 'apply' below