Nursery Deputy Manager
Part Time Nursery Deputy Manager
Permanent & Part Time
4 Days Per Week/34 Hours Per Week
3 Days Room Based & 1 Day Office Based.
Our client’s nursery is dedicated to providing the best possible learning experience for children in a loving and friendly atmosphere. The Nursery is aiming to be the best one of the in the industry. They strongly support training and developing the right candidates and encourage their career development as the group grows and require a compassionate, understanding and creative Deputy Manager for our vibrant medium size rated outstanding by Ofsted.
Deputy Manager Job Summary
- Assist with the effective daily management of the nursery in accordance with the requirements of Company Policy, the Children Act 1989 and other
- Relevant legislation; and all local authority and OFSTED requirements.
- In the absence of the Nursery Manager, undertake overall management responsibility for the nursery.
- Assist the Nursery Manager in ensuring all agreed Company Policies and procedures are maintained in the nursery at all times.
- Assist the Manager with their responsibility for the safety, security and well-being of all
- Children registered within the nursery.
Deputy Nursery Manager role and responsibility:
In consultation with the Nursery Manager, formulate, operate and evaluate an annual programme of activities suitable for the age range of the children following the guidelines for the implementation of Early Learning Goals, and the Company's Curriculum Document.
Assist with the preparation of the nursery for OFSTED inspections and action any recommendations made by the Inspector.
If appropriate, be responsible for the day-to-day management within own room, encouraging good practice by the staff team with regard to individual and group work with children.
- Supporting the Nursery Manager in the day to day operations of the nursery
- Overseeing and coordinating stimulating and inspiring activities for the children across the nursery
- Communicating with the Manager on the progress and outcomes of the children
- Assisting with the monitoring of staff performance across the whole nursery
- Empower the team to deliver rich learning opportunities for all children through unique and exciting environments
- Assisting with the recruitment and induction of new staff members
- Assisting the Nursery manager to ensure occupancy targets are hit and maintained at all times
The skills set & experience:
- Over 1 year experience in a supervisory role (DESIRABLE)
- Minimum of 3 years occupational experience in a nursery setting (ESSENTIAL)
- Qualifications in childcare to a level 3
- Committed to your own career development
- A commitment and dedication to delivering exceptional childcare
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
Our client is offering immediate interviews so please confirm the dates you are available.
All Deputy Nursery Manager Applicants will be required to have a DBS.
Please send your most up to date CV to LB Specialist Recruitment as soon as possible with your child care certificate and right to work in the UK or call us on .
LB Specialist Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required.
** All internal staff at LB Specialist Recruitment Are Safer Recruitment trained **
If this is not the job for you but you know someone who is, please refer an earn;