Berkeley East & West Thames are currently seeking an Accounts Assistant to join our finance team for an immediate start. Based in our brand new head office at Royal Arsenal Riverside, Woolwich, South East London. We offer a competitive salary, benefits including company pension, 25 days annual leave and private medical after 1 years’ service. Working hours are Monday - Friday 8.00am to 5.30pm.
Berkeley East & West Thames combines three major regeneration schemes, Royal Arsenal Riverside, Kidbrooke Village and Southall Waterside delivering over 400 homes each year.
Consisting of two operating companies - Berkeley West Thames and Berkeley East Thames, our key focus is to provide large and complex regeneration schemes improving previously neglected areas of London for the future.
Based on site at its flagship scheme at Royal Arsenal Riverside, the East Thames division operates schemes under the Berkeley brand.
Reporting to the Management Accountant, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services, including processing and monitoring payments in an effective and efficient manner to ensure that company finances are accurate and up to date and that suppliers are paid within established time limits.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Receive, input and distribute invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Distribute invoices for approval and follow up any invoices not returned in a timely manner
- Verify bone fide transactions have been appropriately authorised
- Post batches of invoices for data entry
- Input invoices for payment (circa 200 per week)
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents and ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial files
- Prepare payment runs, including collating invoices, reviewing bacs details, ensuring correct authorisation and emailing remittance to supplier
- Reconcile supplier statements to our ledger
- Ensure all contract terms of payment are met
- Ensure correct treatment of VAT
- Deal with queries from suppliers and other departments
- Clear emails from central Accounts Payable inbox
- Investigate variances and anomalies identified
- Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations
- Prepare monthly archiving
- Other duties as required
Person Specification - Experience / Knowledge Required
- Accounts payable experience
- Analytical, accurate and pride in own work and also that of the team
- Target driven, self-motivated and able to work well in a team
- A good listener and patient
- Confident and articulate, clear communicator
- Polite telephone manner
- Organised and demonstrable time management skills
- Computer literate - Excel, Outlook, Word
- Positive attitude, flexible, helpful and enthusiastic
- Works well in a team
- English speaking
- Business-like and professional both in manner and appearance