SMEH ICT Teacher
Jobsecure recruitment are looking for a Teacher of ICT for a Senior SEN School in Shropshire. The role is to deliver a curriculum to work towards a range of qualifications including WJEC, GCSE, Entry Level Qualification, Functional Skills etc. Lessons will be taught in groups, paired and one to one sessions.
The Role involves (but not limited to):
• Preparing, planning and teaching the agreed curriculum in a variety of different environments, using creative and stimulating learning programmes.
• Preparing educational reports and assessments
• Presenting young people for national examinations and certification
• Setting and Marking of work
• Participating in meetings
• Advising and co-operating with the head teacher and other teachers
• Communicating and consulting with parents/guardians of pupils.
• Using special equipment and facilities, such as audio-visual materials and computers to stimulate interest in learning.
The Ideal Teacher will be/have:
• NVQ 3 Caring for Children and Young People or Level 3 Children and Young People’s Workforce Diploma or equivalent
• Key stage 3 and 4 experience
• A Teaching qualification
• Able to deliver GCSE
• Able to deliver Functional Skills
• Experience of working in SMEH environment
• Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) or equivalent
• Awareness of Special Educational Needs
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a care worker with young people
• Full employment history
• Full Driving Licence
• Good communication and computer skills
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivated
• Responsible and mature outlook
• Innovative and creative
• Able to use own initiative
For more information, please apply and a member of our team will be in touch.