Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer, Berkshire, £40 - £55k
Technical Support Engineers needed to join growing software company based outside Reading.
You will assist in resolving a wide variety of customer issues. You will be experienced at providing dependable and timely resolution to software issues. The ideal candidate is expected to be dynamic, proactive, results-oriented and able to provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Be first point of contact for technical support queries.
- Review scope of customer issue and determine best course for resolution.
- Develop and maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and utilize it effectively to help customers.
- Resolve database and performance issues.
- Research, document, and escalate cases according to procedure.
- Customer driven feedback to functional areas in order to influence process/product improvements.
- Author technical documents on common issues and solutions in order to build the knowledge base.
- Create and set up test environments.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- 2 or more years' experience providing support directly to enterprise customers.
- Technical or Bachelor's Degree in IT, CS or similar.
- Linux experience
- Basic networking experience
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong analytics and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and prioritize accordingly.
- Experience with Git, or other version control software is desirable.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.