Brand/Events Marketing Manager - 9-11 month contract
A global B2B events company are looking for a Brand/Events Marketing Manager. You must have good digital marketing experience, be from an events marketing background and you will understand customer persona's as part of the marketing plan. You will also be responsible for one direct report, a Brand Marketing Executive. To sum up, you will be an innovative, senior marketer.
As a Brand Marketing Manager, you will lead on the development and implementation of the marketing strategy for one of the company's most exciting portfolios of events, covering (Interior Design), (Hotel Design) and (Kitchens, Bedrooms and Bathrooms).
You will be responsible for setting the brand marketing strategy for the events and managing the delivery of the key event objectives, working in close partnership with the Digital Marketing Manager and the Content Marketing Manager. You will work as part of a wider Design portfolio team with many aligned projects and overlapping audience groups. Stakeholder relationship management is a key focus, as you will be working with important external partners for all events and will need to be able to work with and influence people from all levels.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Marketing Strategy: developing very strong marketing and campaign plans, working with the delivery team to ensure your events reach their visitor and lead generation targets
• Stakeholder Management: work with senior stakeholders internally and externally to create a positive working relationship, as well as forge relationships with key business teams
• Market Research and Audience Insight: work with the Customer Insight Manager to devise year-round insight programmes and manage their implementation either through external research agencies or in-house; analysis of insight findings to determine marketing strategy
• Partnership building: developing relationships with key event partners - associations, exhibitors and media
• Data Strategy: devising a data acquisition and re-engagement strategy
• Marketing Strategy & Campaign Management: strategic development of year-round audience marketing campaigns, and managing the campaign execution across multiple channels by the marketing team. Channels include: email, social, PPC, mobile apps, telemarketing, direct mail, web, SEO, content marketing.
• Line Management: manage, monitor and develop a team, identifying training needs and encouraging development and growth
• Budget Management: maintain accurate budgets, reports, analysis and documentation
• Supplier Management: liaising with external suppliers including designers, website agencies, database and registration companies to ensure campaigns are delivered to agreed deadlines and budgets
• Registration Management: manage and oversee registration and onsite duties across all the events
• Websites Management: managing development, design and content of product websites
• Proven marketing experience up to manager level
• Management experience of at least one employee - being able to clearly communicate tasks and organise a team
• Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, able to work with and influence a range of personalities
• Ability to translate business objectives and creative ideas into marketing strategy and solid, actionable plans
• Good knowledge of digital marketing skills and channels, such as SEM, social and email marketing
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Work with the wider marketing team on analysis and reporting