Java Developer Senior
Java Developer (Senior)
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer in London to join the market leader within the online & mobile gambling industry.
The main purpose of this role is to perform server-side development and is based upon standard Java Enterprise technologies, with applications deployed in WebLogic application servers. The Senior Java Developer will be working at all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration.
Focused on large scale enhancements to the existing product, including new systems built using SOA technologies, new game engines, application performance tuning and scalability, and integrations with external systems belonging to new customers.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Core Java experience
- Enterprise Java - covering several of the following: Spring, Hibernate, EJB, JPA, Struts, JSP or JMS
- Technical leadership
- Team leadership of a small technical team
- RESTful Web Services or SOAP Web Services
- Degree educated
- Development of new software components and functionality.
- Technical Leadership of projects
- Team leadership of a small, highly-skilled team of Java developers
- Maintaining and enhancing existing product code.
- Working with members of the QA and delivery teams to ensure products are tested, installed and maintained to a high standard.
- Maintaining high quality coding standards
- Keeping current with new technologies
- Experience of working in IDEA with SVN or similar version control systems
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Microservices and Cloud technologies
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.