Red Oak Consulting is a leading consultancy firm in the specialist sector of HPC (high-performance computing) and Cloud technology. With offices in Cheltenham and Alton, we provide technical and business expertise across all industry areas.
This is a new role, reflecting continued business growth and completing our profile of consultants. It is a national role and will involve working both in our Cheltenham office and on-site for customer projects. Whilst recent and relevant professional experience would be an advantage, it is more important that you are able to demonstrate interest and ability in applying mathematical skills and experience of technical or parallel computing. Equally important is your ability to build good working relationships, gain customer trust and articulate, verbally and in writing, technical information and advice to an audience including technical and non-technical stakeholders. As a consultancy, we have an ongoing commitment to excellence, integrity and professionalism. The successful candidate must have initiative, self-motivation and a keen willingness to learn but should also understand the importance of team work and be prepared to work within our processes to meet deadlines. In return, Red Oak Consulting offers the opportunity to work at the forefront of an innovative and exciting technology application, with a strong career path and opportunities for development and promotion. The successful candidate will become a strategic member of a small and supportive team, gaining diverse project experience for customers in the public and private sectors.
- Development of HPC and Cloud technical knowledge and skills.
- Delivery of specific project objectives and contribute to the end-to-end project cycle under supervision, namely:
- requirements gathering, project planning and delivery activities.
- procurement support, installation and acceptance testing.
- creation of documentation, report writing and presentations.
- research tasks, financial modelling and designing business solutions.
- Working in partnership with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Attending conferences, seminars and training events, and representing the company as appropriate.
- Working as required for our Principal Consultants and Senior Partner and reporting directly to our Operations Manager
- Degree (at least 2.1) is essential and a Masters or PhD is preferred.
- Strong numeracy skills are essential.
- Experience of technical and/or parallel computing is essential and recent relevant professional experience is desirable.
- Possess an interest in future technologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrate good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to build good working relationships internally and externally.
- Able to show initiative, self-motivation and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to be a logical, analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Demonstrate good organisational skills.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn, reflect upon performance and have a commitment to excellence.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Full clean driving licence is essential.
This post will be based in Cheltenham (with some travel required) and will commence in early July.