Parts Sales Representative
Parts Sales Representative
Salary - £27,000 to £27,500 + Bonus + Benefits
Working Hours - Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:00
Reporting to the Regional Parts Manager the post holder will proactively promote, sell and develop the VRS brand. They will be responsible for creating awareness and effectively growing the VRS business based at the Normanton branch
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Liaise regularly with selected customers and branch management
- Work closely with regional and branch staff to assist in developing and implementing local sales and marketing activity programmes
- Monitor and manage local accounts, negotiating parts discounts within own authority limits, special deals and sales support to secure existing and incremental business
- Actively pursue lapsed customers
- Produce monthly meeting schedule and monthly visit reports (using customer contact system, CRM)
- Work with Regional Parts Manager, Regional VRS Specialist and the local dealer to develop communication materials to promote the parts product range
- Assist local parts teams in identifying VRS stocks to support sales activities
- Any other tasks as requested by the Regional Parts Manager
- Comply with all Scania (GB) Ltd Policies & Controls and conduct and present oneself to the highest levels of professionalism at all times
Education and / or Experience
- Previous experience working in a busy Parts operation. Parts Factor experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Technical awareness of motor vehicles, in particular trailer parts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good parts market knowledge
- Good understanding of VRS, Trailer Parts
- Parts sales and marketing experience
- Strong understanding and background of branch parts operations
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Computer literacy, especially Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Flexible approach to working hours to meet job requirements
- Ability to work on own initiative under pressure
- Ideally based within or close to territory
- Knowledge of Autoline 8.35/Kerridge system and AS400 is an advantage
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, Childcare Vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**