Senior Finance Manager - Retail
Agora Talent is partnering with an Iconic Luxury Retailer based in Central London to hire a highly skilled Senior Finance Manager to join their Digital platform team. This is a great time to join the company as they are expanding their business internationally with exciting growth plans.
This Senior Finance Manager role manages senior stakeholders across Digital, which is one of their fastest growing channels. You are responsible for Business Partnering with the Director of Digital and the Director of Supply Chain and will deliver an end to end financial service spanning planning, management accounts and commercial analysis. Your objective is to provide clear financial information to your business partners, supplemented with the relevant commercial insight that drives appropriate actions within the business.
You will also partner with key stakeholders including Managers and Senior Managers, therefore you will be an articulate and confident individual who is able to facilitate business decisions providing insight and recommendations. You will also be curious and willing to both support and challenge at all levels, in order to deliver this the position has direct reports who the candidate would be responsible for recruiting, developing, supporting all aspects of their role.
In conjunction with ad-hoc decision making you are also responsible for ensuring the production of management accounts for different business areas understanding providing insight on historic performance, highlighting risk and opportunities and having a clear understanding of the balance sheet. You will also lead and support business partners through the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Deliver the monthly management accounts to budget holders - with robust variance analysis support to enable relevant questioning of potential risks and opportunities.
- Build the annual Budget/Forecast & 5-year Plan for their area of focus, under the broader direction of their Head of Finance.
- Be conversant with the relevant KPIs of their business partner, financial, non-financial and how these impact financial results.
- Identify and develop appropriate and timely analysis to deliver further insight to their business partners, thus enabling them to manage their areas profitably.
- Prepare business cases in the application for funds/capital, and complete post investment review, considering the wider implications on the business outside of their immediate area of expertise.
- Complete commercial analysis of various cost/benefit scenarios considering and suggesting the opportunities for improved productivity.
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders across the business.
- To represent the finance community in line with the company values and embed into the teams ways of working.
- Understand and support the delivery of the company’s strategy and initiatives.
- To contribute towards the creation and delivery of the Finance People Plan.
About you, your skills and experience
- Held a number of previous roles across a broad spread of finance areas.
- E-commerce trading finance and E-commerce Marketing Experience.
- Preferably Supply Chain experience.
- Previous line management experience of at least 2 people.
- Qualified - CIMA/ACCA/ICAEW or international equivalent.
- Clear and confident questioning style, with the potential to influence customers.
- Competently applies their technical qualification and ethics to the situations at hand, seeking out assistance where needed.
- Good verbal and written presentation skills, able to adapt their style to the audience.
- Flexible in work style able to reprioritise effectively according to the changing demands of the business.
- A credible manager able to develop and motivate a young and less experienced team/individual.
A competitive package including car allowance, 40% bonus potential and great discount.