POSITION: Maintenance Manager
HOURS: Monday - Friday (Days)
An exciting opportunity exists with our FMCG company based in Wirral. Reporting into the Engineering Manager, your principal objectives will be to maintain & improve the business output from plant operations, continuously improve availability/reliability of the equipment, to manufacture quality products safely whilst employing modern maintenance techniques.
This role is a key function in the leadership of the technical agenda of the site, working closely with the Engineering Manager. You will lead the planned and reactive maintenance activities, support the development and implementation of training plans for both reactive and day-based engineers, review and deploy robust maintenance strategies whilst ensuring smooth day-to-day operation of the team. Root cause analysis and robust close out of action plans. A diverse and fulfilling role which will have a direct impact on the performance of the site and its readiness to deliver quality product, on time, in full to our customers.
You will have a good understanding of modern maintenance techniques as well as good working operational knowledge of a manufacturing site. You should also be capable of ensuring a quick reaction to daily business needs and be able to balance this against dedicating an appropriate amount of time and energy to developing improvement strategies and action plans. The Maintenance Manager will be at the heart of the sites technical agenda and is key to the performance and reliability of the site.
- Support the development and implementation of the sites Maintenance strategy.
- Maximo lead. You will lead the ongoing development of Maximo and will be the key point of contact from a training/development perspective for the engineering team in its operation and backlog management.
- Reliability focused using modern techniques such as TPM, RCA, RCM and FMEA.
- Support the continuous improvement culture and failure analysis agenda for the site by working with engineers to analyse CMMS data to develop action plans to permanently solve problems by addressing the root cause.
- Drive live plant issues through the systems and through the team.
- Effective Weekly and monthly planned maintenance execution based on compliance with the existing schedule and also management of the preventative work order backlog to ensure 100% close out is achieved and risks removed.
- Evolution / development of condition-based maintenance, level 1 (operator maintenance), level 2 (engineering), calibration and routine work activities.
- Cost out planning including critical stock analysis and stock level management.
- KPI analysis both weekly and monthly and ensure KPIs are met or a plan is in place.
- Develop and drive the execution of A3 availability and MTBF strategic improvement plans based on data analysis.
- Control of planned maintenance outages and events.
- Adheres to and understands the Maintenance System and actively works to improve the evolution score.
- Supervision of 6 reactive Shift maintenance engineers day to day and support of live issues
- To deputise for the Engineering Manager in their absence.
- Time served Engineer.
- Minimum HNC/HND in a relevant Mechanical/Electrical discipline.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced engineering environment (ideally FMCG) is essential.
- Strong man management and leadership qualities including contractor management.
- Previous people management experience is essential as you will have a team of direct reports to manage, minimum 3 years' experience in an engineering management/supervisory capacity.
- Experience of CMMS utilisation and development (Ideally Maximo but not essential)
- Experience of planning, coordinating, measuring through KPI analysis
- Strong understanding of H&S in a manufacturing environment.
- Awareness of modern maintenance techniques.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literacy
- IOSH - NEBOSH
Please call Nicola for more information on or email your CV to