SEM is an exciting and enjoyable place to work; we design and manufacture high performance electric industrial motors. We strive for excellence in our work, with the ultimate mission to provide the best quality products on time to our customers. Over the past few years the company has invested in moving and modernising its manufacturing capabilities in pursuit of technical excellence and as a result we now house one of the most advanced Machine Shops in the South-East.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a top class accountancy team. We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to provide maternity cover until July 2018.The successful candidate will be part of a small accounts team, reporting to the Management Accountant.
What is the role?
They will be responsible predominantly for Purchase Ledger, as well as other finance duties including ledger postings and assistance in preparation of monthly management accounts and other reporting, and management of KPI’s.
- Daily postings of bank transactions (both receipts and payments)
- Daily maintenance of bank balances & FX rates
- Matching, coding & posting Purchase Ledger invoices
- Producing regular payment runs (3 currencies)
- Other PL duties (e.g. sending remittances, supplier query resolution, chasing missing invoices from suppliers, recording and chasing internal invoice queries etc)
- Monthly EC Purchases list
- Responsible for managing and helping to improve department KPI’s
- Managing Aged Creditors
- Assisting with credit control
- Periodic & ad-hoc reporting to other departments
- Other tasks required ad-hoc to support the department
- Strong organisation skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good MS Excel skills
- Able to communicate with internal and external customers both verbally & in writing
- Active Team Member
AAT Intermediate Level minimum (or equivalent experience).